At Color Trade Print, we believe that the right logo and branding will lead to a successful company. There is a lot of thought that goes into creating the right Logo. Before designing a logo, you must understand what it is, what it represents, and what it’s supposed to do. A logo is not just a mark – A logo reflects a business’ commercial brand via the use of shape, color, and/or images.
A logo is an inspiring trust, recognition, and admiration for a company or product and it is our job as designers to create a logo and do its job… and do it well!
Now you know what a logo is supposed to do, and what it should represent… all you need to do now is make one!
The Basic Rules of Effective Logo Design:
1. A logo must be simple -A simple Logo Design allows the logo to be versatile and memorable at the same time. Logos that spark the most interest feature something unexpected or unique without being overdrawn.
2. A logo must be memorable -Following closely behind the principle of simplicity, is that of something memorable. An effective logo design should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple, yet appropriate logo design.
3. A logo must be timeless -An effective logo should stand the test of time. Will the logo be effective 10, 20, 50 years?
4. A logo must be versatile -An effective logo will work across a broad spectrum of mediums and applications. For this reason a logo should be designed in Vector format, to ensure that it can be scaled to any size.
5. A logo must be appropriate -How you position the logo should be appropriate for its intended purpose. For example, if you are designing a logo for a kids clothing line, it would be appropriate to use a childish font and color scheme. However, the same would not be true if you’re designing a logo for a law firm.
Color Trade Print would like the opportunity to assist you in creating your company logo. The Graphic Designer can also take an existing logo and make it better. Just simply go to the “Let Us Design” page, and send in your request for Design Services to contact you. You and the Graphic Artist will collaborate together about all of the thoughts and ideas for your logo before creating it. Then he/she will create several logos for you to choose from. This is a very fun and exciting time for you and we want to make this process as easy as possible.